2017-2018 New Student Information
*Click here to sign your 2017 - 2018 student contract*
- Math placement begins at 10:00am and foreign language testing follows directly after math. We will begin sign-in at 9:45am for math and 11:00am for foreign language.
- You will have one hour for each test and only need a pencil and eraser. No calculators will be used on the math test.
- If you are wondering whether you need to test, check out the list below. If you fit any of those descriptions, you should test:
- Incoming 9th graders who would like to take any math course beyond regular Algebra 1 should test for math.
- Incoming 9th graders who would like to take a foreign language class beyond level 1 should test of foreign language.
- Incoming transfer students who would like to take a PAP or AP level math course should test for math.
- Incoming transfer students who would like to take a PAP level foreign language course or test out of foreign language should test for foreign language.
- Please contact Carol Bartels at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding testing.
Course Selection: Please contact the HC Counseling office at 713-580-6099 to schedule an appointment.
Placement Testing: If you are interested in placing into a Pre-AP or AP level course, please join the April 22nd at 10:00 AM Please arrive at least 15 minutes before testing begins and enter campus through Looper Hall. No need to register.
All students, please click here to access your course selection worksheet and preview course offerings.
Transfer student orientation will be August 18th from 9:00 am-2:00 pm in the Livingston Learning Commons. Please bring your laptop.
All new students are required to purchase the laptop package through Houston Christian. Please download the order form here.
Computer pick-up dates:
7/20 1:00 PM
7/27 1:00 PM
8/3 1:00 PM
As your children form new bonds, please plan to join other new parents for an evening of food and fellowship. Please register here if you have not already done so! This event is for parents only.
Monday, May 1st
7:30 - 8:45 PM
Houston Christian Pampell Chapel
Dessert Buffet and Casual Attire
Invitations to Follow
Dates for Jump Start are as follows:
Session 1: 7/17-7/20 8:30-12:00
Session 2: 7/24-7/27 8:30-12:00
Session 3: 7/31-8/3 8:30-12:00
Session 4: 7/31-8/2 1:00-4:30
For information and to register, click here.
All tryout information is located here.
All new students and students participating in athletics at Houston Christian are required to have a yearly physical. HC offers the opportunity for a physical on campus (Metro Gym), Wednesday, May 10th from 3:00pm - 5:00pm. The cost is $25. Checks, made payable to HC, and cash are accepted.
Auditions for both the Fall Show (Our Town) and the Winter Musical (Legally Blonde) are on May 6th, 10am-1pm in the HC black box. Please prepare a short monologue for the fall show and/or a Broadway song for the musical. Wear comfortable clothing. You might be asked to try some simple choreography. For questions regarding Fall Show or Winter Musical, please contact Bobby Linhart at email@example.com
Doxa auditions will be May 16th at 5:00 p.m. in the Brown Family Dance Studio.
Silver Spur try-outs will be May 18th at 5-6:30 p.m. in the Brown Family Dance Studio.
For questions regarding either Doxa auditions or Silver Spur try-outs, please contact Karess Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Managing parent technology (parent portal, teacher's portal pages, checking grades, etc).
- Creating self-advocates
- An inside look at what to expect from our teachers
- Effective parent-teacher communication
- Homework management and study tips (including tips for fighting the Facebook, i-chat, and texting battles)
- Information and tips about how to access help and tutoring for students
- Words of wisdom from parents who have gone before you
Summer school is now full. Please call 713-580-6099 to be added to the wait-list.
Students must send in their enrollment contract electronically before registering for summer school. To view information regarding summer school, please click here.
Graduation Requirements For Class of 2021
(Total Credits _____)
English - 4 Courses/Credits
Math – 3 to 4 Courses/Credits*
Science – 3 to 4 Courses/Credits”
*Choice of (3 Math and 4 Science) or (4 Math and 3 Science)
Social Studies - 3 Courses/Credits
Biblical Studies - 4 Courses/Credits
Foreign Language – 2 Courses/Credits***
Computer - 1 Course/Credit
Electives -8 Courses/Credits*
**Distinguished Scholars Program – 1 Elective Credit for each year
**Program for College Readiness – 1 Elective Credit for each year
***Distinguished (AP) Diploma requires 4 AP courses, Pre-Calculus, 3 Foreign Languages and 3 Electives